02 November 2005

where's that faith again??

So my best buddy, Misha, spent today at the hospital getting x-rays.

The doctor just called to apologize for forgetting to do an abdominal tap.

There's fluid in his abdomin.

She said this could be a syptom of disease- liver. Or some crazy, 13word disease I didn't understand coming from her lips.

I'm dropping him off..AGAIN..tomorrow to spend the day at the hospital.

She's coming in on her day off just for him (and me).

If you're reading this, could you take 30 seconds to think some good thoughts his (my) way?

He's 16 years old and never had to be on any medication other than antibiotics --- maybe 3 times in his long life? ok, and that brief need for Vita K after the rat poison scare 13 years ago.

If you've ever had a geriatric animal, this is miraculous -- him not needing medication.

So why am I complaining?

I guess G*d is forcing me to open my eyes and see the reality.

The mortality.

My best buddy is very old and may be leaving soon.

sigh

No comments: