21 July 2009

That wacky business with Huffington Post

When I first returned to Chicago from LA, I got an email from Huffington Post asking for readers' volunteer stories. So I wrote a little ditty that wrote itself. I was rather proud of it, I gotta say.

which really says something as I'm rarely proud of what I write, this blog in partics.

But that little missive just magically bookended with recession, doggies, getting charity, and giving charity.

So I can't say I was THAT surprised when I got a personal email from the blog asking if they could polish my story and publish it.

woo!

I guess it was published today. I think this because I got an email from the shelter I described, then a fan letter on Facebook! I have ONE fan people! this is brilliant!

So I google and I find the article. And it's not my little ditty (did I mention it was lovely?), it's a new story bits and pieces of my work thrown in for good measure. And it wasn't about how amazing PAWS is. It made me sound like a saint. eek. that I am not.

So I'm a wee embarrassed. But it's kinda cool I Google myself and a whole page of links pop up with this story.  So because other sites reposted the article, I've decided to indulge and repost it here.

cheers-
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/20/chicago-native-helps-home_n_241289.html

No comments: